Williams is an award-winning, independent, trade-only plumbing and heating merchant with over 40 Trade Counters and Regional Fulfilment Centres across the Southeast, Manchester, Milton Keynes, and Bristol.
We pride ourselves in doing the right thing, building long-term relationships, and having the ambition to improve and grow. If this sounds right up your street, we could be a great match!
We are looking for a Warehouse Assistant to join our Fareham distribution center.
The Warehouse Assistant will be working as part of a team in a busy FMCG distribution center. Involved in the receipt, storage, replenishment, picking, and dispatch of goods.
Warehouse Assistant responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Goods receipt
- Picking orders and deliveries driven by WMS tasks
- Stock put away and replenishment is driven by WMS and utilising LPNs
- Packing and wrapping goods in such a way as to best utilise space and prevent stock damage
- Ensure that all warehouse tasks are completed efficiently
- Forklift operation (when training complete) – loading and unloading of vehicles and stock locations
- Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the company’s procedures and requirements
- Maintaining housekeeping and H&S standards within the warehouse
Attributes required for the Warehouse Assistant
- Ability to work well as part of and make a positive contribution to the team
- Good numeracy and IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise own workload as well as follow clear instruction
- Ability to work under pressure and meet business critical deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Comprehension of health and safety requirements
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
As well as working for a company listed on the “Top 100 Best Companies To Work For” list, the benefits package for the Warehouse Assistant
- Salary £22,672
- 40 hours Monday to Friday 10:00 – 18:30
- 33 days annual leave, increasing with the length of service
- Private Medical Insurance for the whole family – yes, the whole family!
- Discounted shopping platform
- Discounted gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company discount
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Free bean to cup coffee