Williams is an award-winning, independent, trade-only plumbing and heating merchant with 50 Trade Counters and Regional Fulfilment Centres across the Southeast, Manchester, Milton Keynes, and Bristol.
We pride ourselves in doing the right thing, building long-term relationships, and having the ambition to improve and grow. If this sounds right up your street, we could be a great match!
We are looking for a Warehouse Assistant / Driver to join our Gosport branch on a 6-month fixed-term contract.
As Warehouse Assistant / Driver, you will work closely with your colleagues to ensure the stock is ready to meet our customer’s needs. You will also need to provide outstanding levels of customer service, come rain or shine, out on deliveries!
Warehouse Assistant / Driver responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of the warehouse, including stock rotation and putting away stock
- Checking of incoming goods
- Accurate picking of orders for delivery
- Carrying out deliveries in the local area
- Assisting with general branch duties
- Completing regular vehicle checks
Attributes required for the Warehouse Assistant / Driver:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great communication skills
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Enthusiastic team player and ability to make a positive contribution
- Ambitious outlook and willingness to learn
- Forklift license preferable
This is a physically demanding role; however mechanical aids are available. All applicants should hold a full UK driving licence.
As well as working for a company listed on the “Top 75 Best Companies to Work For” list, the benefits package for the Warehouse Assistant / Driver include:
- Salary up to £24,000
- 40 hours Monday to Friday – no weekends!
- 33 days annual leave, increasing with the length of service
- Training and development courses to support you!
- Private Medical Insurance for the whole family – yes, the whole family!
- Discounted shopping platform
- Discounted gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company discount
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme