Williams is an award-winning, independent, trade-only plumbing and heating merchant with over 50 Trade Counters and Regional Fulfilment Centres across the UK.
We choose to do the right thing in all that we do, building long-term relationships with our customers and suppliers which, along with our ambition, allow us to consistently improve and grow.
We are looking for a Driver / Warehouse Assistant to be a star at our Chichester branch. You will need to work as part of a team to keep the warehouse in tip-top condition to ensure the stock is ready to meet customer needs, whilst also providing outstanding levels of customer service, come rain or shine, when out on deliveries!
Driver / Warehouse Assistant responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of the warehouse, including stock rotation and putting away stock
- Checking of incoming goods
- Accurate picking of orders for delivery
- Carrying out deliveries in the local area
- Assisting with general branch duties
- Completing regular vehicle checks
- Serving on the trade counter
Attributes required for the Driver / Warehouse Assistant include;
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great communication skills
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Enthusiastic team player and ability to make a positive contribution
- Ambitious outlook and willingness to learn
This is a physically demanding role and mechanical aids are available. All applicants must hold a full UK driving licence.
Hours of Work: 40-hours week between 06:30am and 17:00pm.
As well as working for a company listed on the ‘Top 100 Best Companies to Work For’, the benefits package for the Driver / Warehouse Assistant include:
- Salary up to £24,000
- Monday to Friday – no weekends!
- 33 days annual leave, increasing with the length of service
- Private medical insurance for the whole family – yes, the whole family!
- Discounted shopping platform
- Discounted gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company discount
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle-to-work Scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Free bean to cup coffee