Williams is an award winning, independent, trade only plumbing and heating merchant with over 40 Trade Counters and Regional Fulfilment Centres across the Southeast, Manchester, Milton Keynes and Bristol.
We pride ourselves in doing the right thing, building long term relationships and have the ambition to improve and grow. If this sounds right up your street, we could be a great match!
We are looking for a Driver to join our Crayford branch.
As a Driver, you will work closely with your colleagues to ensure the stock is ready to meet our customer needs. You will also need to provide outstanding levels of customer service, come rain or shine, out on deliveries!
Driver responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Accurate picking of orders for delivery
- Carrying out deliveries in the local area
- Assisting with general branch duties
- Completing regular vehicle checks
- Checking of incoming goods
- Maintenance of the warehouse, including stock rotation and putting away stock
Attributes required for the Driver:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great communication skills
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Enthusiastic team player and ability to make a positive contribution
- An ambitious outlook and willingness to learn
- Forklift license preferable
This is a physically demanding role; however mechanical aids are available. All applicants should hold a full UK driving licence. This position requires weekend work.
As well as working for a company listed on the “Top 100 Best Companies To Work For” list, the benefits package for the Driver / Warehouse assistant include:
- Salary up to £25,000
- 40 hours – 7-day contract
- 33 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
- Training and development opportunities to support you
- Private Medical Insurance for the whole family – yes, the whole family!
- Discounted shopping platform
- Discounted gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company discount
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme