Williams is an award-winning, independent, trade-only plumbing and heating merchant with 50 Trade Counters and Regional Fulfilment Centres across the Southeast, Manchester, Milton Keynes, and Bristol.
We pride ourselves in doing the right thing, building long-term relationships, and having the ambition to improve and grow. If this sounds right up your street, we could be a great match!
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our Petersfield branch. The successful candidate will be extremely passionate about customer service and have great communication skills. This is a busy hands-on role focusing on ensuring the branch runs like clockwork.
Assistant Manager responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serving customers on the trade counter and answering the phone
- Supporting the day-to-day management of the team
- Winning new business
- Building relationships with suppliers and reps
- Controlling stock and carrying out checks
- Updating merchandise
- Daily branch administration
- Completing the banking
- General warehousing
Attributes required for the Assistant Branch Manager:
- Great communication skills
- Customer service driven
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Highly motivated and a proactive approach
- Ambitious with a desire to achieve targets
- Industry knowledge is advantageous
As well as working for a company listed on the “Top 100 Best Companies to Work For” list
the benefits package for the Assistant Branch Manager includes:
- Salary up to £30,000
- Monday to Friday – no weekends!
- 33 days annual leave, increasing with the length of service
- Training and development courses to support you!
- Private Medical Insurance for the whole family – yes, the whole family!
- Discounted shopping platform
- Discounted gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company discount
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Free bean-to-cup coffee