Williams is an award-winning, independent, trade-only plumbing and heating merchant with over 50 Trade Counters and Regional Fulfilment Centres across the UK.
We choose to do the right thing in all that we do, building long-term relationships with our customers and suppliers which, along with our ambition, allow us to consistently improve and grow.
We are looking for an Assistant Branch Manager to join our Croydon branch. As an Assistant Branch Manager, you will work closely with the Branch Manager to ensure we provide the highest levels of customer service to our existing customers, attract new customers and manage the branch and team in the Branch Manager’s absence.
Assistant Branch Manager responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the day-to-day management of the team
- Serving customers at the trade counter and answering the phone
- Daily branch administration, including banking
- Updating merchandise
- Controlling stock and conducting checks
- General warehousing
- Winning new business
- Building relationships with suppliers and reps
Attributes required for the Assistant Branch Manager:
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service focussed
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Ambitious, with a desire to achieve targets
- Trade Industry knowledge is advantageous
As well as working for a company listed for 4 years running on the ‘Top 100 Best Companies to Work For’, the benefits package for the Assistant Branch Manager include:
- Salary up to £32,000
- Monday to Friday – no weekends!
- 33 days annual leave, increasing with the length of service
- Training and development opportunities specific to you
- Private medical insurance for the whole family – yes, the whole family!
- Discounted shopping platform
- Discounted gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company discount
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle-to-work Scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Free bean to cup coffee