We’re dedicated to providing Britain’s plumbing and heating engineers with the best products at the best price and service. Strictly to the Trade Only!
Why Williams? We give our staff freedom and autonomy in their work, in return for delivering outstanding customer service each and every time. We recruit the very best people to work for us with great personalities, who are full of character and who will love working for us and make others want to join us.
We are looking for an Assistant Branch Manager to join our Bedford branch. As an Assistant Branch Manager, you will work closely with the Branch Manager to ensure we provide the highest levels of customer service to our existing customers, attract new customers and manage the branch and team in the Branch Manager’s absence.
Assistant Branch Manager responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the day-to-day management of the team
- Serving customers at the trade counter and answering the phone
- Daily branch administration, including banking
- Updating merchandise
- Controlling stock and conducting checks
- General warehousing
- Winning new business
- Building relationships with suppliers and reps
Attributes required for the Assistant Branch Manager:
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service focussed
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Ambitious, with a desire to achieve targets
- Trade Industry knowledge is advantageous
As well as working for a company listed for 4 years running on the ‘Top 100 Best Companies to Work For’, the benefits package for the Assistant Branch Manager include:
- Salary from £25,000 – £28,500
- Monday to Friday – no weekends!
- 33 days annual leave, increasing with the length of service
- Training and development opportunities specific to you
- Private medical insurance for the whole family – yes, the whole family!
- Discounted shopping platform
- Discounted gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company discount
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle-to-work Scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Free bean to cup coffee