Williams is an award winning, independent, trade only plumbing and heating merchant with 50 Trade Counters and Regional Fulfilment Centres across the Southeast, Manchester, Milton Keynes and Bristol.
We pride ourselves in doing the right thing, building long term relationships and have the ambition to improve and grow. If this sounds right up your street, we could be a great match!
We are looking for a Driver / Branch Assistant to join our Manchester branch.
As Driver / Branch Assistant, you will work closely with your colleagues to ensure the stock is ready to meet our customer needs. You will also need to provide outstanding levels of customer service, come rain or shine, out on deliveries!
Driver / Branch Assistant responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out deliveries within our delivery area
- Assisting with general branch duties
- Completing regular vehicle checks
- Serving customers on the trade counter and via telephone
- Placing customer orders
- Replenishing stock and helping keep the front of house presentable
- Assisting in the warehouse as required
- Liaising with suppliers
Attributes required for the Driver / Branch Assistant:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great communication skills
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Enthusiastic team player and ability to make a positive contribution
- Ambitious outlook and willingness to learn
This is a physically demanding role; however mechanical aids are available. All applicants should hold a full UK driving licence.
As well as working for a company listed on the “Top 100 Best Companies to Work For” list, the benefits package for the Driver / Branch Assistant include:
- Salary up to £23,000
- 7 Day Contract (Mon-Fri shift pattern/weekend when needed)
- 33 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
- Private Medical Insurance for the whole family – yes, the whole family!
- Discounted shopping platform
- Discounted gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company discount
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Free bean to cup coffee